THE DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF THIS APPLICATION IS JANUARY 15.
- Parents may apply online or directly in writing to School Choice & Parental Options using the official Magnet Application Form. Only one (1) application per student will be accepted. Duplicates and revisions WILL NOT be accepted.
- All applications will be processed at the office of School Choice & Parental Options only. If using the paper application, please send your applications directly to the office to the address listed on the application.
- Please complete all required areas. Failure to sign and/or complete all sections may result in the application not being processed.
- Students may apply to a maximum of five (5) schools (one (1) PROGRAM per school). If more than five (5) selections are made, we will process only five (5) and reserve the right to make this application void.
- Individual schools may require additional documentation. You must contact the individual schools to which you are applying. All required documentation must be uploaded with the online application or sent directly to the school(s) to which you are applying by the application deadline.
- Admission priority is given to applicants with siblings currently attending and who will attend the same Magnet school for the school year for which you are applying (a minimum of one concurrent year). Acceptance is based upon the availability of open seats in the grade level for which the student is applying. This priority is not applicable for audition-based Magnet programs. To be considered for Sibling Status, the following must be met:
- provide the correct Miami-Dade County Public Schools Student Identification Number for both the applicant and applicant’s sibling(s),
- meet all entrance requirements,
- the sibling must reside in the same household as the student who is applying, or documentation of joint custody must be provided.
- Applicants who are part of a multiple birth (twins, triplets, quadruplets, etc.) must submit an individual application for each student. The entrance requirements are reviewed for each student individually. To receive the priority, parents/guardians must complete the multiple birth section of the application to link the students in order to share the same results within the same school/program’s random selection results, as long as each student meets entrance requirements. A multiple birth (twins, triplets, quadruplets, etc.) priority is not applicable for audition-based Magnet programs.
- If your child does not have an active Miami-Dade County Public Schools Student Identification Number, you should write “NO ID” on the application in the area labeled M-DCPS Student ID Number (paper applications only). Applications may also be submitted online for students who have not been issued a M-DCPS Student ID Number.
- All notifications from schools will be sent to the email address listed on the application. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure that email address and all contact information are current within the M-DCPS system.
- For questions, contact School Choice & Parental Options at 305-995-1922 or visit www.miamimagnets.org
By submitting an application, I acknowledge my understanding of the following conditions for this application:
- Failure to complete all requested information may cause this application to be rejected. Failure to complete all requested information may cause this application to be rejected.
- Additional information may be required by individual schools and must be submitted to those schools by the application deadline as part of the application process.
- Eligibility may be determined by such factors as skill, talent, academic performance, conduct, and interest.
- When the number of eligible student applicants, other than Visual & Performing Arts, exceeds the number of seats available, a random selection process will be utilized to admit eligible applicants.
- Any required testing or auditions must be scheduled prior to January 15.
- Failure to respond to an offer of acceptance by the specified deadline will be interpreted as a declining program acceptance.
- I hereby grant my consent to the School Board to share my email address with the third-party email service provider in order to receive notifications regarding Magnet Schools.
- Any VPA auditions or proficiency testing done in person, as pre-recorded video or through third party video conferencing are subject to the terms and procedures set forth by the auditioning or testing school.
- Applications received from October 1 through January 15, will be eligible for consideration for enrollment in the upcoming school year.
- Applications DO NOT guarantee placement.
I, hereby, give permission for my child to be evaluated for admission to the selected Magnet program(s) designated in this application. If accepted, he/she will be enrolled as a full-time student at the school of acceptance. Transportation services are limited and may not be available at all schools, parents may need to make transportation arrangements for the student to attend. Your child must demonstrate acceptable performance (as determined by school-site policy) in order to remain in the Magnet program. By submitting this application you agree that all the information provided is true and accurate. Upon being accepted into a Magnet program, the student is required to meet all program eligibility and prerequisite requirements, as well as adhering to M-DCPS school board policy 5112 and State of Florida statutes.