Annual Magnet Lead Teacher Virtual Training
September 20 thru September 27, 2021
School Choice & Parental Options will facilitate a mandatory virtual Magnet training for all new and existing Magnet Lead Teachers and Magnet support staff. Each Magnet School must be represented in the training by the Magnet Lead Teacher. Magnet support staff member(s) who assists with the Magnet application and/or registration process are highly encouraged to attend as well. Please register no later than noon on Friday, September 17, 2021.
Essential/Critical components will include:
- A one-hour Introduction Zoom Meeting at 10:00 am, on September 20, 2021.
- Online Training course modules which will be accessible beginning September 20th at http://training.miamimagnet.com and must be completed by September 27th.
- Training course modules will include:
- Magnet Board Policy and Compliance
- Magnet Guidelines and Procedures
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Standards of Excellence for Magnet Programs
- Marketing & New Recruitment Plan
- Magnet Application System
Magnet training questions will be addressed through live Zoom sessions. These sessions will address any Magnet related questions. Attendance to the Live Zoom Q&A sessions is optional. Access to Zoom sessions will be accessible at http://training.miamimagnet.com.
- Live Zoom Sessions 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 21, 2021 through Friday, September 24, 2021, and Monday, September 27, 2021 (participants may enter the Zoom meeting at any time within the hour)
Participants will have the opportunity to earn Master Plan Points. Information will follow as it pertains to obtaining Master Plan Points and registering through My Learning Plan.
If you have any questions, please contact the School Choice & Parental Options office at 305-995-1922.
NO substitute funding will be provided for this training.
Please complete the following form no later than
Noon on Friday, September 17, 2021.